Effective Date: January 25, 2021
- When you visit the website https://akfgroup.com (our "Website").
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through third party business partners we work with to offer, provide and improve our services to our clients.
Information We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers such as real name, postal address, email address, and current employment information;
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased or considered;
- Internet activity such as browsing or search history, and interaction withs websites, applications, or advertisements (e.g. through cookies).
Additional information collected from our employees or job applicants within the last twelve (12) months as necessary to comply with applicable law or provide employment related benefits includes: government issued ID number, age, citizenship, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, medical condition, military or veteran status, current or past job or educational history, and bank account information (for payroll / direct deposit purposes).
We obtain the personal information listed above:
- Directly from you, including when you complete forms for us on and off our Website, or in correspondence between AKF and you;
- Through products and services you purchase from or through us;
- Through marketing events you register for or attend;
- Through public sources, such as LinkedIn or professional social or marketing websites;
- From our vendors and business partners; and
- From observing (technologically) your interactions with our Website or applications.
Employees or job applicants may provide additional information listed above through job applications, benefits enrollment, and payroll or direct deposit enrollment.
Our Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. We may also save your information to facilitate new services offered to you.
- To process your purchases, transactions, and payments and provide related products or services, or prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use your information for any materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes.
Sharing Your Personal Information
AKF does not sell personal information.
We may disclose your information by to a third party for one or more of the following business purposes:
- Performing services or servicing accounts
- Processing or fulfilling orders and transactions
- Providing advertising, marketing and analytic services
- Maintaining or improving the quality of products or services we offer.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious activity, and prosecuting those responsible.
We only make these business purpose disclosures to third parties pursuant to written contracts specifying the purposes, requiring the recipient to keep the personal information disclosed confidential, and prohibiting use of the disclosed information for any purpose except under the contract. We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any agreements between AKF and you, if applicable.
- As we believe necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of AKF, our customers, or others.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, AKF has disclosed personal information for a business purpose to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. If applicable, this section describes your CCPA-based rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know and Data Portability
California consumers have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months (the "right to know"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you (disclosed above)
- The categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you (disclosed above).
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information (disclosed above).
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information (disclosed above).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, we will identify the categories personal information that each category of recipient obtained.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
Right to Delete
California consumers have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (the "right to delete"). Once we receive your request and confirm your identity (see Exercising Your Rights to Know), we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We will delete from our records or deidentify personal information not subject to a lawful exception and will direct our service providers to take similar action.
Subject to some exceptions, California consumers have the right not to be discriminated against based on the consumer’s refusal to provide a business with personal information, including:
- Denying goods or services.
- Charging (or suggesting you may receive) different prices for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Providing (or suggesting you may receive) a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Right to Know or Delete
To exercise your rights to know or delete described above, please submit a request by either:
- Calling AKF at: (011) 877-537-5656
- Emailing us at: AKFPrivacy@dev-akfgroup.pantheonsite.io
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information.
You or your authorized agent may only submit a request to know twice within a 12-month period. Your request to know or delete must:
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which will likely need to match information we previously collected from.
We will only use personal information provided in the request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make it, except for record-keeping purposes.
Response Timing and Format
We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) business days. If you do not receive confirmation within the 10-day timeframe, please contact AKF Marketing at (011) 212-354-5656.
We endeavor to substantively respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to another 45 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you have an account with us, we will deliver our written response to that account. If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
Other California Privacy Rights
AKF does not make any disclosures of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, but California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request information about such disclosures, if applicable. To make such a request, please send an email to AKFPrivacy@dev-akfgroup.pantheonsite.io or write us at: One Liberty Plaza, 165 Broadway, New York, NY 10006 Attn: Marketing Director.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which AKF collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
AKF Group LLC
One Liberty Plaza
New York, NY 10006
Attn: Marketing Director