AKF’s Digital Twin and Smart Building consulting services seek to pilot you through the lifecycle of your Intelligent Building project. We believe that the right integrated technology and automation can help empower your teams to create, cure, dream, build, and produce. Fully integrated Smart Building systems - powered by a performance-based Digital Twin and using the Internet of Things (IoT) - enhance the work and aspirations of those who occupy the spaces you are investing in.
What is a Smart Building? It is an integration of multiple systems that enhance how we interact with a space or a building through the sharing of data and optimization of how disparate systems can relate. Systems can include IoT sensors, Building Management systems, Lighting, IT/AV/Security systems, Access Control, Vertical Transportation, and many more.
What is a Digital Twin? It is a virtual model designed to accurately reflect a physical object – in our case, buildings! It uses data from systems, sensors, devices, and IoT technologies to update and calibrate the digital model in real-time. A Digital Twin allows for remote monitoring of building performance including system optimization, predictive performance analysis, performance and alarm monitoring, and troubleshooting. Digital Twin software can also incorporate Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence to enhance its effectiveness.
What is the Internet of Things (IoT)? It is a network of “things” - physical objects with embedded systems, sensors, processing power, and/or other technologies - that connect and exchange data over the internet.
These technologies and new ways of thinking about a building have been proven to:
- Reduce energy usage
- Increase employee engagement (productivity, collaboration, innovation)
- Improve facility operations and maintenance
- Optimize space management
- Provide competitive advantage (attraction and retention)
AKF offers a unique, vendor-neutral partnership designed to align, prioritize, and deliver on a Digital Twin and Smart project’s needs and goals. Our process is designed to provide support through a project’s lifecycle, including:
- Visioning and road-mapping
- Strategy and business-case development
- Development of a unique Smart Project/Building definition
- Coordination of Smart documentation required of other project trades
- Issuance of the Division 25 Integrated Automation Specification tailored to your project needs
- Digital Twin Software, Enterprise Platform, and Master Systems Integrator selection assistance
- Representation and facilitation through installation
- Change management through roll-out to occupancy and use
- Facility Staff Augmentation through remote monitoring of Digital Twins
- Providing operational data support and analysis
- On-going Commissioning inclusive of IT, controls, and building systems
The breadth of AKF’s experience and expertise results in a truly integrated service. With discipline focused in-house teams; including Building Controls, Lighting, IT/AV/ Security, and Fire Alarm; AKF is able to provide the technical insight, detailed coordination, and facility support required to make your Smart and Digital dreams a reality.